World Extreme Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WeW is the evolution of Efed Fantasy Wrestling.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Benitez rejects quit reports

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Looking for a job ?
Looking for a job ?

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Benitez rejects quit reports Empty
PostSubject: Benitez rejects quit reports   Benitez rejects quit reports EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes he will agree a new contract and has revealed his surprise at reports that he was set to quit after Wednesday's 1-0 Champions League victory over Real Madrid.

Yossi Benayoun's late header put the Reds in the driving seat in their last 16 tie with the Spanish champions after a narrow first-leg victory at the Bernabeu.

The build-up to the match was overshadowed by suggestions that Benitez's future at Anfield was in serious doubt after rejecting the latest contract offered to him by the club's board.

But Benitez claims he fully expects to agree a new deal and will remain with the Merseyside club.

"My lawyers and advisors have been talking to the club's owners over the past few days about the contract and I believe that problems we have can be overcome," he said.

"I was very surprised to hear rumours that I was going to resign.

"I can assure you that I have not been considering such a move and it was a shock to hear such suggestions.

"It needs to be clear that I was not thinking of resigning. My aim is to keep working and winning and to tell the owners that on the pitch.

"The club has made it clear this rumour was not true. That is important for everyone. Stability is the key if you want to be successful.

"And the players were able to do their talking on the pitch, not beforehand."

Meanwhile, Benitez was delighted with the victory after leaving captain Steven Gerrard on the bench as a precaution following his hamstring problems.

Star striker Fernando Torres also limped out of the action on the hour-mark after taking a blow to his ankle.

"This was a very important victory," he added. "Particularly as we did not have Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres was troubled by an ankle injury from the first minute.

"But we were able to play them on the counter-attack. We knew how Real play and we were able to organise our tactics accordingly."
Back to top Go down
Tuga_k
Admin
Tuga_k

Male
Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Benitez rejects quit reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benitez rejects quit reports   Benitez rejects quit reports EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 8:35 pm

Good, if benitez goes, then the League will loose it's, well passion, because Arsene will go soon... and Sir Alex won't be there for too long ?
Mourinho gave the league that impact, will he return ?
Back to top Go down
http://wewrestling.roleplaylife.net

Page 1 of 1